Bigger, faster, and more powerful: Samsung launched the Galaxy Note 9
Korean cell phone giant Samsung released the Galaxy Note 9 on August 9. This phone is their newest, most potent mobile device yet, coming packed with a lot of new features and a hefty price tag.
Relying on upgrades like the large new battery, the Bluetooth S Pen, the AI-assisted camera and the increased internal storage capacity, the company looks to the finishing touches on the resurgence of its popularity, and especially the one of this particular lineup, after the controversy caused by the Note 7’ battery issues.
In addition with its launch, the Note 9 became the brand’s flagship model, and it will remain in the spot for the better part of a year until the upcoming of the widely anticipated S10, expected for March 2019.
So far, the only downside in the announcement is the price tag.
The 128 GB variant will go for $1000 (899 pounds in the UK) putting it in the same range as Apple’s iPhone X. Also, it is becoming quite clear that the devices in the higher end of the performance spectrum are starting to see the $1000 mark as a starting point.
Now let’s talk about the specs.
An Exynos 9810 octa-core (2,7 + 1,7 GHz) sits as the heart of this powerful device, one that will come in two variants: One with 6 GB of RAM + 128 GB of storage and 8 GB + 512 GB. This combo promises a level of performance not seen so far in mobile devices.
To support all this processing power, Samsung opted to go big with a 4.000 mAh battery with quick charge capabilities that its expected to last – at least – a full day, even with heavy usage.
Another staple of the Note line is the S Pen, and the new incarnation is the best one yet. It connects via Bluetooth, while providing the ability to write, draw, browse, create live messages, and even trigger apps and other devices.
These features along with the AI-assisted camera are some of the highlights of the device, but the public will only start to enjoy and learn more about them when it hits the shelves on August 21 (US).
For those that want to know more on the Note 9, here´s the full specs sheet:
- Network: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Build: Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by), Samsung Pay
- IP68 dust/waterproof (up to 1.5m for 30 min)
- Stylus Pen (Bluetooth integration)
- Display: Super AMOLED, 6.4 inches
- Resolution: 1440 x 2960 px, 18.5:9
- Multitouch: Yes
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Chipset: Exynos 9810 Octa EMEA/Snapdragon 845 - USA/LATAM, China
- CPU: Octa-core (Cortex-A55) EMEA, Octa-core (Kryo 385 Silver) - USA/LATAM, China
- GPU: Mali-G72 – EMEA/Adreno 630 - USA/LATAM, China
- Ext. Memory: microSD, up to 512 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) - dual SIM model only
- Internal: 512 GB, 8 GB RAM or 128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Camera: Back Dual (12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, dual pixel PDAF, OIS/12 MP, f/2.4, AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom). Features: LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama. Video: 2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR, dual-video rec
- Camera: Front Single (8 MP, f/1.7, AF). Features: Dual video call, Auto-HDR. Video: 1440p@30fps
- Comms: WLAN, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0
- Sensors: Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0)/Qi/PMA wireless charging (market dependent)
- ANT+ support
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- Color variants: Metallic copper, Lavender purple, Ocean blue, Midnight black.
Don't forget to follow us over on social media for more articles and news!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.